May 31, 2011

The birthing tweet

My husband burst out laughing when I told him what I had planned. "I'm going to tweet through my labor," I said. (you can insert more laughter here)

Some of you may wonder why I would want to do this or if I even CAN do it.  As for the latter, I'm wondering the same thing myself.

But as for the why, there are several reasons.  The main one is it will be a distraction.  And any kind of distraction is a good thing when you're trying to ignore the sensation of sparks flying out your backside.

The other reason is it will be something my child can hopefully read when he/she is older.  (barring of course any profanity-laden tweets about bastard nurses who won't give me my pain meds)

I just want to try.  I cannot make any promises on how long I will tweet or that the spelling will always be correct (but that never seems to matter on twitter, does it?)

The only promises I will make are that I will tweet as much as possible and try not to get too graphic.  No one wants too many TMI tweets.  As for the profanity.  Forgive me for that now.

If you'd like to follow along, just follow me on twitter @MamasMic

No comments:

Post a Comment